”A Prioritized Research Agenda for Suicide Prevention: An Action Plan to Save Lives” outlines the research areas that show the most promise in helping to reduce the rates of suicide attempts and deaths in the next 5-10 years. In addition, a series of webinars addresses the six key questions in the action plan:
• January 29: Why do people become suicidal?
• February 24: How can we better detect/predict suicide risk?
• April 2: What interventions prevent suicidal behavior?
• April 29: What are the most effective services to treat and prevent suicidal behavior?
• May 27: What suicide interventions outside of health care settings reduce risk?
• June 24: What research infrastructure do we need to reduce suicidal behavior?
The action plan was developed by NIMH and the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention’s Research Prioritization Task Force. The webinars are being sponsored by the National Council for Behavioral Health, in collaboration with the Action Alliance and NIMH. Learn more.