We R Native. Who R U? Submit Your Story!
More than 3,000 American Indians and Alaska Native have been infected by HIV. And, half of new HIV infections occur among teens and young adults! In honor of World AIDS Day, We R Native is encouraging healthy communication through a contest for Native youth to share how you can protect your body.
Community involvement is something that can start small and make a big impact. American Indian and Alaska Native youth 13-21 years old are encouraged to share what makes you HIV aware and how you protect yourself and others. By sharing with one another, we can teach each other lessons about self-confidence, self-respect, pride, courage, and spirituality.
- Print out one of these signs:
- Add your name and a few words about how you protect your body and/or what HIV/AIDS is.
- Snap a photo of you holding your sign.
- Like We R Native's Facebook page, join this event, and then share your photo!
- Submit a photo, comment, video, drawing, or song that describes how you protect your body at: http://www.wernative.org/Whoru.aspx.
Winners will be picked two ways:
- Most liked submission (tell your friends!)
- Judge's pick
Winning entries will receive a We R Native t-shirt and $75 (1st place), $50 (2nd place), and $25 (3rd place). All entries must be submitted by December 20th. Winners will be announced on December 25th.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.wernative.org/Default.aspx?PageID=19278578&A=SearchResult&SearchID=2844233&ObjectID=19278578&ObjectType=1
We R Native is a comprehensive health resource for Native youth, by Native youth that provides content and stories about the topics that matter most to them. They strive to promote holistic health and positive growth in local communities and nation at large.