Strengthening Incarcerated Individuals and Their Families
The National Resource Center for Healthy Marriage and Families is hosting a webinar Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT, on innovative strategies to improve reentry success through programs that help strengthen family relationships as a strategic support network beginning at incarceration.
The webinar, Strengthening Incarcerated Individuals and Their Families, will explore the importance of providing healthy relationship services to incarcerated inmates and their families. This webinar will also highlight two states, Ohio Department of Corrections and New Jersey Department of Corrections, to discuss strategic partnerships and promising practices for working with incarcerated inmates and their families. Register online for this webinar.
- Educate safety-net service providers and other stakeholders about the challenges faced by incarcerated families and ex-offenders during the reentry process.
- Share strategies and promising practices for supporting incarcerated inmates and their families that strengthen relationships and set the stage for successful reentry.
- Highlight the experience of a state agency and a local service provider working with the incarcerated population (Ohio).
- Highlight the experience of an OFA-grantee providing reentry services to incarcerated inmates (New Jersey).
- Highlight resources available through the Resource Center and others to support working with ex-offenders, as well as identifying appropriate resources for integrating healthy marriage and relationship education skills into services.
- Robyn Cenizal — Director, National Resource Center for Healthy Marriage and Families
- Norman Robinson — Deputy Director, Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction
- Darryl Grayson — Fatherhood Director, Urban Light Ministries
- Wendi White — Engaging the Family Program Coordinator, New Jersey Department of Corrections
If you have questions regarding this webinar, please contact the National Resource Center for Healthy Marriage and Families.
About the National Resource Center for Healthy Marriage and Families
The National Resource Center for Healthy Marriage and Families supports safety-net service providers as they integrate healthy marriage and relationship education skills into service delivery systems as part of a comprehensive, culturally appropriate, family-centered approach designed to promote self-sufficiency.