To date, partners have accomplished many interim gains:
- The two evidence-based interventions — Safer Sex Intervention (SSI) and Teen Outreach Program (TOP) — have received high ratings on implementation quality and fidelity. For example, in 2013-2014, TOP observers reported 98 percent adherence to the program model. Quality of implementation was also high, with 90 percent of TOP clubs receiving a rating of “good” or “excellent” on observed quality.
- Youth in Hennepin County indicate that It's Your Future (IYF) is meeting their needs. Eighty-seven percent of SSI participants who took a follow-up survey six months after starting the program said they were more likely to return to the clinic as a result of participating in the program.
- IYF continues to retain its project partners (community-based organizations, clinics, and schools), with only one formal and one informal partner lost during the grant period. IYF also has high staff retention, which is unique because there is generally a lot of turnover in the field.
- Hennepin County’s relationship with Youthprise is an important accomplishment related to sustainability. Youthprise matched, dollar-for-dollar, an initial investment by Hennepin County, and will also match additional funding that the county and Youthprise raise jointly.
- Although not necessarily attributable to just IYF, the annual number of births for teenagers in Hennepin County has dropped by half since 2007. (Countywide, births to 15- to 19-year-old females dropped from 1,170 in 2007 to 701 in 2012 to 597 in 2013.)