Filter by Agency
- (-) 21st CCLC Professionals (1)
- Administration for Children and Families (16)
- Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (1)
- AmeriCorps (6)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (1)
- Division of Adolescent and School Health (DASH) (1)
- Employment and Training Administration (1)
- Family and Youth Services Bureau (5)
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) (1)
- Forest Service (1)
- Institute of Museum and Library Services (1)
- National 4-H Headquarters (1)
- National Institute of Food and Agriculture (9)
- (-) Office of Adolescent Health (2)
- Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (1)
- (-) Office of Innovation and Improvement (1)
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (5)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (1)
- Public and Indian Housing Division (1)
- Reserve Affairs (1)
- (-) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) (3)
Filter by Topic
- Afterschool (1)
- Bullying (3)
- Child Welfare (1)
- Collaboration (1)
- Community Development (1)
- Education (7)
- Health and Nutrition (9)
- Juvenile Justice (3)
- LGBTQ (3)
- Mental Health (51)
- Parenting (4)
- (-) Positive Youth Development (7)
- Safety (1)
- Substance Use/Misuse (35)
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention (4)
- Trafficking of Youth (1)
- Transition Age Youth (1)
- Violence Prevention & Victimization (6)
- Youth Preparedness (3)
- Youth Suicide Prevention (3)
To address the challenges faced by students living in communities of concentrated poverty, Promise Neighborhoods grantees and their partner organizations will plan to provide services from early learning to college and career, including programs to improve the health, safety, and stability of neighborhoods, and boost family engagement in student learning.
Webcast Archive: Make the Connection: How Positive Youth Development Offers Promise for Teen Health and Teen Pregnancy Prevention
The archive of this OAH webcast, which highlighted the role of positive youth development in the prevention of teen pregnancy and other risky behaviors, is now available for viewing. A resource list (PDF, 4 pages) of suggested readings from the webcast speakers is also available, as well as the archived #TeenPYD Twitter conversation.
You For Youth
This site helps youth professionals connect and share resources with colleagues, provide professional development and technical assistance opportunities, and offer tools for program improvement. The site provides information focused on afterschool programs.
Resource: Top 10 Tips for Engaging with Young People
This guide (PDF, 4 pages) advises service providers and others how to engage successfully with youth, using specific examples to illustrate effective (and ineffective) communication.
Resource: SAMHSA’S Youth Engagement Guidance
This resource includes information and tools that can help federal staff and contractors appropriately engage youth before, during, and after government-sponsored events and meetings.
Resource: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's Youth Engagement Guidance
This resource guides administrators and prevention professionals on how to appropriately engage youth in government-sponsored events and meetings. Includes resources regarding a youth services approach, youth development, youth leadership, civic engagement, and youth organizing.
Positive Youth Development
This webpage provides a definition of positive youth development, information on the eight key practices organizations can consider when implementing the approach, and resources communities or programs can use to incorporate positive youth development into their work.