Filter by Agency
- 21st CCLC Professionals (1)
- Academic Improvement and Teacher Quality Programs (1)
- Administration for Children and Families (189)
- Administration for Community Living (3)
- Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (1)
- Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ) (1)
- AmeriCorps (31)
- Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (1)
- Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (1)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (4)
- Bureau of Indian Education (1)
- Bureau of Justice Assistance (16)
- Bureau of Justice Statistics (3)
- Bureau of Land Management (1)
- Census Bureau (6)
- Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion (4)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (260)
- (-) Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (15)
- Children’s Bureau (7)
- Child Welfare Information Gateway (1)
- Civil Rights Division (DOJ) (1)
- Community Oriented Policing Services (2)
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (27)
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (1)
- Division of Adolescent and School Health (DASH) (7)
- Drug Enforcement Administration (9)
- Employment and Training Administration (29)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (2)
- Family and Youth Services Bureau (125)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (4)
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) (2)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (32)
- Federal Highway Administration (2)
- Federal Interagency Team on Volunteerism (1)
- Federal Student Aid (8)
- Federal Trade Commission (9)
- Food and Drug Administration (6)
- Food and Nutrition Service (9)
- Forest Service (1)
- General Accounting Office (2)
- General Services Administration (10)
- Grants.gov (1)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (15)
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) (2)
- Indian Health Service (1)
- Institute of Education Sciences (58)
- Institute of Museum and Library Services (2)
- Maternal & Child Health Bureau (HRSA) (1)
- Military Community and Family Policy (1)
- National 4-H Headquarters (1)
- National Agricultural Library (2)
- National Center for Education Statistics (66)
- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (16)
- National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments (5)
- National Clearinghouse on Families & Youth (NCFY) (23)
- National Collaborative on Workforce & Disability for Youth (7)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (26)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (6)
- National Institute of Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (2)
- National Institute of Food and Agriculture (14)
- National Institute of Justice (26)
- National Institute of Mental Health (13)
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (1)
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (2)
- National Institutes of Health (50)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (3)
- National Science Foundation (3)
- National Telecommunications and Information Administration (2)
- NDTAC (10)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (1)
- Off ice of Justice Programs (1)
- Office of Adolescent Health (18)
- (-) Office of Civil Rights (11)
- (-) Office of Community-Oriented Policing Services (3)
- Office of Community Planning and Development (1)
- Office of Disability Employment Policy (17)
- Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (1)
- Office of Educational Research and Improvement (1)
- Office of Educational Technology (1)
- Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (11)
- Office of Federal Student Aid (2)
- Office of Financial Education (1)
- Office of Healthy Homes and Lead Hazard Control (4)
- Office of Innovation and Improvement (2)
- Office of Justice Programs (121)
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (176)
- Office of Military Community and Family Policy (1)
- Office of Minority Health (1)
- Office of National Drug Control Policy (5)
- Office of Planning, Evaluation, and Policy Development (1)
- Office of Policy and Research (3)
- Office of Postsecondary Education (4)
- Office of Public Health and Science (4)
- Office of Safe and Healthy Students (16)
- Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (3)
- Office of Special Education Programs (20)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (2)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE) (10)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (1)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs (2)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Reserve Affairs (1)
- Office of the Attorney General (1)
- Office of the Surgeon General (2)
- Office of Tribal Justice (1)
- Office of Victims of Crime (17)
- Office of Violence Against Women (9)
- Office of Vocational and Adult Education (2)
- Office of Women’s Health (2)
- Policy and Program Studies Service (2)
- Public and Indian Housing Division (6)
- Rehabilitation Services Administration (1)
- Reserve Affairs (1)
- Rural Development (3)
- Small Business Administration (1)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) (92)
Coverage of Behavioral Health Services for Children, Youth, and Young Adults with Significant Mental Health Conditions
This bulletin, from the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services, Centers for Medicaid and CHIP Services, aims to help states design a benefit package that will meet the needs of children and youth with significant health conditions and is both clinically—and cost—effective.
Connecting Kids to Coverage: Ten Things Schools Can Do
This resource explains what schools can do to help connect the millions of uninsured adolescents in the United States to coverage.
Find state-specific information about health insurance coverage
Coverage of Housing-Related Activities and Services for Individuals with Disabilities
CMS developed an informational bulletin that assists states in designing their Medicaid benefits and clarifies the circumstances under which Medicaid reimburses housing-related activities. This bulletin can also help states design benefit programs that acknowledge the social determinants of health and contribute to a holistic focus on improvement of individual health and wellness.
50 Years of Medicaid: Women, AI/AN, and Immigrants
In commemoration of the 50th anniversary of Medicaid, CMCS created a compilation of Medicaid’s progress over the years in serving women, American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) individuals, and immigrants.
New Medicaid Expenditure Data
CMS released preliminary Medicaid expenditure data reported by states through the Medicaid Budget and Expenditure System. The summary-level data is associated with Medicaid service expenditures reported by states between April 1, 2014, and September 30, 2014.
New Service Delivery Opportunities for Individuals with a Substance Use Disorder
CMS issued guidance to states regarding opportunities to design service delivery systems for individuals with substance use disorder (SUD) (PDF, 15 pages), including an opportunity for demonstration projects approved under section 1115 of the Social Security Act to ensure that a continuum of care is available to individuals with SUD.
Resources for Pre-Teen and Teen Vaccinations
Several HHS agencies partnered with WebMD to create a webpage with information on preteen and teen vaccines. The site provides answers to common questions about vaccines, and can help parents track the vaccines their adolescent needs and has received.
Letter: Policy Options for Using SNAP to Determine Medicaid Eligibility and an Update on Targeted Enrollment Strategies
This letter (PDF, 9 pages) to state health officials and state Medicaid directors describes an opportunity for states to use the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) gross income to support Medicaid eligibility for certain populations under the Medicaid state plan authority.
Guidance: 2016 Medicaid Managed Care Rate Development
CMS released the final 2016 Medicaid Managed Care Rate Development Guide (PDF, 18 pages) for states to use in the development of any Medicaid managed care rates.
Resource: Social Media Resources for Open Enrollment 2017
This website includes videos, graphics, hashtags, sample posts, and other tools and resources that can be used to promote Open Enrollment 2017 through social media platforms.
Resource: Snapshot of First 12 Days of Open Enrollment
This resource provides a snapshot of the number of people selecting health insurance plans through the Health Insurance Marketplace during Open Enrollment, which began on November 1, 2016. As of the first 12 days of Open Enrollment, more than one million people selected plans, including 250,000+ new customers and 750,000+ consumers renewing their coverage.
Resource: Preventing Sexual Violence
This webpage highlights federal efforts to prevent sexual violence (SV) on college campuses, information on SV prevention strategies, and CDC’s five-component framework for preventing SV. Higher education professionals and SV practitioners can use this information to plan and implement prevention strategies on college and university campuses.
Share with Youth: A Roadmap to Behavioral Health: A Guide to Using Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Services
This guide (PDF, 24 pages) can help people understand how to use health insurance coverage to improve their mental and physical health. It provides an eight step road map for understanding behavioral health, finding and accessing appropriate providers, and staying on the road to recovery.
Report: April 2016 Medicaid and CHIP Eligibility and Enrollment
This report provides April 2016 state Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) eligibility and enrollment data, as reported by state Medicaid and CHIP agencies as part of the Medicaid and CHIP Performance Indicator process.
Civil Rights Guidance to K-12 Schools on Single-Sex Classes
Guidance from OCR advises schools on how to offer single-sex classes (PDF, 36 pages) while complying with Title IX. Presented in a question-and-answer format, the guidance addresses common scenarios that schools may face when designing single-sex programs.
Supporting the Success of Youth in Juvenile Justice Settings
On February 25, 2015, OCR and the Choice Program at UMBC partnered to host a symposium on supporting the education of young people in juvenile justice settings. At the event, young people who have had brushes with the law shared how the Choice Program is helping them to turn their lives around.
Report: Delivering Justice
This report (PDF, 44 pages) describes OCR’s efforts during the last year to protect students’ civil rights and increase educational equity. The report includes examples of OCR’s enforcement activities, highlights of notable cases, and the guidance documents OCR released in 2015.
Report: Sexual Victimization in Prisons, Jails, and Juvenile Correctional Facilities
This report (PDF, 97 pages) presents the findings of the Review Panel on Prison Rape. The Panel gathered information on the practices of selected correctional institutions that had either a low or a high prevalence of inmate sexual victimization and made recommendations that aim to help eliminate sexual victimization in prisons, jails, and juvenile correctional facilities.
Resource: Combatting Discrimination Against AANHPI and MASSA Students
This policy fact sheet (PDF, 1 page) supports educators and community leaders as they work to protect all students, including Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (AANHPI) and Muslim, Arab, Sikh, and South Asian (MASSA) students, from discrimination and to create safe and supportive learning environments.
Resource: Dear Colleague Letter on Gender Equity in Career and Technical Education
This Dear Colleague Letter (PDF, 17 pages) emphasizes that students, regardless of their sex, must have equal access to the range of career and technical programs offered. It also provides examples of how schools could fail to comply with these requirement and the actions they could take to remedy any violations.
Resource: Civil Rights of Students with ADHD
This guidance (PDF, 42 pages) clarifies the obligation of schools to provide students with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) with equal educational opportunity under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
Resource: Protecting Students from Religious Discrimination
This website features federal resources regarding religious discrimination, as well as policy guidance and examples of OCR case resolutions involving religious discrimination claims.
Report: Securing Equal Educational Opportunity
This annual report (PDF, 44 pages) summarizes OCR’s compliance and enforcement activities in FY 2016. OCR received a record 16,270 complaint filings, resolved 8,625 cases, and initiated 13 proactive compliance reviews.
Resource: Parent and Educator Resource Guide to Section 504 in Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
This resource guide (PDF, 52 pages) summarizes key requirements of Section 504, the federal law that provides a broad spectrum of protections for students against discrimination on the basis of disability, and explains how Section 504 applies in various situations within public elementary and secondary schools. This guide can help members of the school community better understand Section 504 and assist parents of students with disabilities in ensuring their children secure all the services they are entitled to receive.