Filter by Agency
- 21st CCLC Professionals (1)
- Academic Improvement and Teacher Quality Programs (1)
- Administration for Children and Families (189)
- Administration for Community Living (3)
- Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (1)
- Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ) (1)
- AmeriCorps (31)
- Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (1)
- Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (1)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (4)
- Bureau of Indian Education (1)
- Bureau of Justice Assistance (16)
- Bureau of Justice Statistics (3)
- Bureau of Land Management (1)
- Census Bureau (6)
- Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion (4)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (260)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (15)
- Children’s Bureau (7)
- Child Welfare Information Gateway (1)
- Civil Rights Division (DOJ) (1)
- Community Oriented Policing Services (2)
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (27)
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (1)
- Division of Adolescent and School Health (DASH) (7)
- Drug Enforcement Administration (9)
- Employment and Training Administration (29)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (2)
- Family and Youth Services Bureau (125)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (4)
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) (2)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (32)
- Federal Highway Administration (2)
- Federal Interagency Team on Volunteerism (1)
- Federal Student Aid (8)
- Federal Trade Commission (9)
- Food and Drug Administration (6)
- Food and Nutrition Service (9)
- Forest Service (1)
- General Accounting Office (2)
- General Services Administration (10)
- Grants.gov (1)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (15)
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) (2)
- Indian Health Service (1)
- (-) Institute of Education Sciences (58)
- Institute of Museum and Library Services (2)
- Maternal & Child Health Bureau (HRSA) (1)
- Military Community and Family Policy (1)
- National 4-H Headquarters (1)
- National Agricultural Library (2)
- National Center for Education Statistics (66)
- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (16)
- National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments (5)
- National Clearinghouse on Families & Youth (NCFY) (23)
- National Collaborative on Workforce & Disability for Youth (7)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (26)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (6)
- National Institute of Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (2)
- National Institute of Food and Agriculture (14)
- National Institute of Justice (26)
- National Institute of Mental Health (13)
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (1)
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (2)
- National Institutes of Health (50)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (3)
- National Science Foundation (3)
- National Telecommunications and Information Administration (2)
- NDTAC (10)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (1)
- Off ice of Justice Programs (1)
- Office of Adolescent Health (18)
- Office of Civil Rights (11)
- Office of Community-Oriented Policing Services (3)
- Office of Community Planning and Development (1)
- Office of Disability Employment Policy (17)
- Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (1)
- (-) Office of Educational Research and Improvement (1)
- Office of Educational Technology (1)
- Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (11)
- Office of Federal Student Aid (2)
- Office of Financial Education (1)
- Office of Healthy Homes and Lead Hazard Control (4)
- Office of Innovation and Improvement (2)
- Office of Justice Programs (121)
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (176)
- Office of Military Community and Family Policy (1)
- Office of Minority Health (1)
- Office of National Drug Control Policy (5)
- Office of Planning, Evaluation, and Policy Development (1)
- Office of Policy and Research (3)
- Office of Postsecondary Education (4)
- Office of Public Health and Science (4)
- Office of Safe and Healthy Students (16)
- Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (3)
- Office of Special Education Programs (20)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (2)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE) (10)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (1)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs (2)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Reserve Affairs (1)
- Office of the Attorney General (1)
- Office of the Surgeon General (2)
- Office of Tribal Justice (1)
- Office of Victims of Crime (17)
- Office of Violence Against Women (9)
- Office of Vocational and Adult Education (2)
- Office of Women’s Health (2)
- Policy and Program Studies Service (2)
- Public and Indian Housing Division (6)
- Rehabilitation Services Administration (1)
- (-) Reserve Affairs (1)
- Rural Development (3)
- Small Business Administration (1)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) (92)
Education Resources Information Center
ERIC provides ready access to education literature to support the use of educational research and information to improve practice in learning, teaching, educational decision-making, and research.
IES Releases Two New Resources
Two new resources from IES can help to improve support to students who are struggling in school:
- ”Practitioner Data Use in Schools: Workshop Toolkit” (PDF, 53 pages) is designed to help teachers and administrators use education data more systematically and accurately.
- ”A Practitioner’s Guide to Implementing Early Warning Systems” (PDF, 26 pages) describes and provides examples of early warning system implementation strategies in use across the country.
Indicators of School Crime and Safety, 2011
The Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics and the Department of Justice’s Bureau of Justice Statistics' report, “Indicators of School Crime and Safety, 2011,” examines crimes occurring in school and presents data on school safety.
Practical Tips for Enrolling and Staying in College
This webpage from the What Works Clearinghouse contains information that can help youth-serving and school professionals prepare students to enroll in, and complete, their college education. Resources include tips for educating students and families about college affordability and financial aid, a checklist for helping students complete the steps in the college application process, research on the impact of secondary education interventions, and information that can help schools support students effectively and reduce dropout.
The Condition of Education 2014
The Condition of Education 2014 presents an overview of the current state of education in the United States. The report includes 42 indicators, grouped under four areas: population characteristics, participation in education, elementary and secondary education, and postsecondary education. The report includes four Spotlights that look in-depth at issues of current policy interest. Spotlight topics include trends in employment rates by educational attainment, kindergarten entry status, the status of rural education, and financing of postsecondary education.
The Inclusion of Students with Disabilities in School Accountability Systems
A new report from the Department of Education’s Institute of Education Sciences, “The Inclusion of Students with Disabilities in School Accountability Systems,” provides information on school-level accountability for those schools accountable for the performance of the students with disabilities subgroup under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act.
What Works Clearinghouse
This resource collects, screens, and identifies studies on the effectiveness of educational programs, products, practices, and policies for educators, policymakers, researchers, and the public. This resource is designed to help schools, school districts, and educational program developers identify potential researchers (individuals and organizations) to conduct studies of effectiveness of educational interventions.
Resource: What Works Clearinghouse Widget
WWC released a widget that allows website visitors to easily connect with the free products and resources available from the WWC. Once the widget is on a website, it will automatically update as new products and features are released.
Resource: Compendium of Social-Behavioral Research Funded by NCER and NCSER: 2002–2013
This compendium provides brief descriptions of the more than 245 projects focused on social-behavioral competencies or outcomes developed or tested by researchers funded by NCER and NCSER between 2002 and 2013.
Resource: Digest of Education Statistics, 2014
This compendium reviews statistical information covering the field of education from prekindergarten through graduate school. It includes data on a variety of topics, including the number of schools and colleges, teachers, enrollments, and graduates, in addition to educational attainment, finances, and federal funds for education, libraries, and international comparisons.
Report: The Condition of Education 2016
This Congressionally-mandated report presents 43 indicators related to education, grouped under four areas: population characteristics, participation in education, elementary and secondary education, and postsecondary education. It also describes issues of current policy interest.
Resource: New Software to Support Program Evaluation in Education
This press release announced the launch of a new tool that can make it easier and more cost-effective for states and school districts to evaluate the impact of their programs. RCT-YES™ is free software that supports sophisticated analysis and reporting of results from randomized controlled trials and other types of evaluation designs.
Resource: A Profile of Military Undergraduates: 2011-12
These web tables (PDF, 56 pages) provide key statistics on military students enrolled as undergraduates, with a specific focus on military students enrolled after the enactment of the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
Report: Results of the 2015 NAEP in Science
This report illustrates the outcomes of the 2015 National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), which measured fourth, sixth, and 12th grade students’ knowledge of science. Scores have improved overall, and higher percentages of fourth and eighth grade students demonstrated mastery as compared with the 2009 assessment.
Report: Changes in America’s Public School Facilities
This report summarizes changes between the 1998-99 and the 2012-13 academic years in the average age of public school structures, satisfaction ratings of the environmental quality of school facilities, the cost to get school buildings into good overall condition, and short-range plans to improve school facilities.
Report: Homeschooling in the U.S.
This report provides estimates of the number and percentage of homeschooled students in the U.S. in 2012 and provides historical context with overall estimates of homeschooling in the U.S. since 1999. It also describes demographics of homeschoolers, reasons parents choose homeschooling, and parent reports on curriculum sources, online learning, and math and science subjects children have been taught since starting homeschooling.
Report: Use of Private Loans by Postsecondary Students
This report examines the use of private education loans by both undergraduate and graduate students in the 2003–04, 2007–08, and 2011–12 academic years. This report uses data from three administrations of the National Postsecondary Student Aid Study.
Report: Common Guidelines for Education Research and Development
This report provides a broad framework that clarifies research types and provides basic guidance about the purpose, justification, design features, and expected outcomes from various research types. It aims to establish cross-agency guidelines for improving the quality, coherence, and pace of knowledge development in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education.
Report: Digest of Education Statistics, 2015
This report provides a compilation of statistical information covering the broad field of U.S. education, from pre-kindergarten through graduate school. Topics outlined in the report, which is the 51st in the series, include the participation of students, teachers, and faculty in educational institutions; student performance; the numbers of high school graduates and postsecondary degrees; and expenditures on education.
Resource: Analyzing Student-Level Discipline Data: A Guide for Districts
This guide (PDF, 43 pages) helps school and district leaders use data to better inform their use of disciplinary actions. Developed by the Regional Educational Laboratory Northeast and Islands Urban School Improvement Alliance, administrators can use this guide to determine whether disciplinary actions are disproportionately applied to some student subgroups and whether differences exist in student academic outcomes across the types of disciplinary actions that students receive. Schools and districts can also use the guide when designing and implementing their own analyses and when engaging in conversations with external researchers who are studying disciplinary data.
Report: Preparing for Life after High School: The Characteristics and Experiences of Youth in Special Education
This multi-volume descriptive report presents information from the National Longitudinal Transition Study 2012, a longitudinal study conducted over several decades to examine the characteristics, experiences, and post-high school outcomes of youth with an individualized education program (IEP). The report shows that, overall, youth with an IEP feel positive about school but are more likely than their peers to struggle academically and to lag behind in taking key steps toward postsecondary education and jobs.
Report: Are Two Commonly Used Early Warning Indicators Accurate Predictors of Dropout for English Learner Students? Evidence from Six Districts in Washington State
This study examined the accuracy of early warning indicators used by six Seattle-area school districts to identify students at risk of not graduating from high school. Published by Regional Education Laboratory Northwest, the report shows the indicators did not accurately identify many students who dropped out, especially newcomer English learner students, suggesting that school districts may want to examine the accuracy of their own indicators for different student populations.
Report: A Quarter Century of Changes in the Elementary and Secondary Teaching Force: From 1987 to 2012
This report illustrates changes in several key characteristics of the teaching force between the 1987-1988 and 2011-2012 school years, including the number of teachers, the level of teaching experience, and the racial/ethnic diversity of the teaching force. The report focuses on how these demographic changes varied across different types of teachers and schools.
Resource: IAQ Knowledge to Action Professional Training Webinar Series Archive
This archived webinar series features four hour-long technical web-based trainings that address how to improve or sustain indoor air quality (IAQ) management programs within schools or school districts. School professionals can use this training to learn about the implementation of a successful framework for IAQ management, critical actions needed to address building-related environmental health, and the use of tools in the School IAQ Assessment Mobile App to identify and prioritize IAQ improvements.
Report: 2016 National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) Arts Assessment
This report illustrates the scores for the 2016 NAEP, which measures eighth grade students' knowledge and skills in music and visual arts. The results show scores in arts were unchanged from the last assessment in 2008. The percentage of students taking a music or visual arts course in school also remained unchanged, but participation in the arts outside of school declined in several categories.