Filter by Agency
- Academic Improvement and Teacher Quality Programs (1)
- Administration for Children and Families (25)
- Administration for Community Living (3)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (1)
- Bureau of Justice Assistance (1)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (24)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (1)
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (1)
- Division of Adolescent and School Health (DASH) (1)
- Family and Youth Services Bureau (22)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (1)
- Food and Drug Administration (1)
- General Services Administration (1)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (2)
- National Center for Education Statistics (1)
- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (1)
- (-) National Clearinghouse on Families & Youth (NCFY) (5)
- National Collaborative on Workforce & Disability for Youth (2)
- National Institute of Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (2)
- National Institute of Food and Agriculture (1)
- National Institute of Justice (1)
- National Institute of Mental Health (11)
- National Institutes of Health (14)
- Office of Adolescent Health (1)
- Office of Disability Employment Policy (1)
- Office of Innovation and Improvement (1)
- Office of Justice Programs (7)
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (12)
- Office of Public Health and Science (2)
- Office of Special Education Programs (2)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (1)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs (1)
- Rehabilitation Services Administration (1)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) (51)
Slideshow: 5 Collaborations to Ensure Trauma-Informed Care for Youth and Families
This slideshow highlights five types of professionals that runaway and homeless youth program managers can collaborate with to support youth who have experienced trauma.
Research: Does Sexual Orientation Affect Teen Pregnancy Risk?
This article describes a study that used data from the 2005, 2007, and 2009 New York City Youth Risk Behavior Surveys to understand how sexual orientation affects high-school students' risk of getting pregnant or getting someone pregnant. Results show that a young person’s sexual orientation and the gender of their sexual partners was strongly linked with risk of getting pregnant or getting someone pregnant, suggesting that adolescent pregnancy prevention efforts focused exclusively on heterosexual young people may be too narrow.
Resource: Narrative Writing Exercises for Promoting Health Among Adolescents: Promises and Pitfalls
This resource describes a literature review that explores the potential mental health benefits and concerns of using narrative writing with youth and young adults.
Resource: Helping Youth Prevent Suicide Among Their LGBTQ Peers
This article highlights free resources educators and youth service providers can use to implement the Trevor Project’s Lifeguard Workshop, a program encouraging young people to be “lifeguards” for one another by having the knowledge to help in a crisis. Professionals can request a free, in-person workshop or use the resources highlighted in the article to create personalized trainings.
Resource: Integrating Medical and Mental Health Care for Teen Moms
This article describes the mental health challenges teen moms face and highlights a Denver-based program that integrates mental health screening and treatment into their existing medical care.