Filter by Department
- Department of Agriculture (2)
- Department of Education (18)
- Department of Energy (1)
- Department of Health and Human Services (93)
- Department of Homeland Security (36)
- (-) Department of Housing and Urban Development (9)
- Department of Justice (3)
- Department of Labor (3)
- Environmental Protection Agency (1)
- Interagency Working Group on Youth Programs (1)
- Multiple Federal Partners (3)
- The White House (1)
- United States Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH) (8)
Filter by Topic
- Afterschool (1)
- Children of Incarcerated Parents (1)
- Child Welfare (1)
- Collaboration (1)
- Community Development (6)
- Education (5)
- Employment & Training (1)
- Health and Nutrition (3)
- Housing (13)
- LGBTQ (1)
- Mentoring (1)
- Positive Youth Development (1)
- (-) Reconnecting Youth (2)
- (-) Runaway and Homeless Youth (6)
- Safety (2)
- (-) Youth Preparedness (1)
Ready to Respond: Disaster Staffing Toolkit
Developed by Enterprise Green Communities, in partnership with HUD and other supporters, this toolkit can help affordable housing organizations develop comprehensive disaster staffing plans to protect buildings, residents, and business operations.
Archived Webinar: Performance Partnership Pilots (P3) Round 2 Bidders Conference
This archived webinar presents details of the Notice Inviting Applications (NIA) for the second round (FY 2015) of Performance Partnership Pilots for Disconnected Youth (P3), including application requirements and selection criteria for potential applicants.
Resources: End Youth Homelessness
This website provides resources and information related to HUD programs, including newly added partnership-building resources for communities in their efforts to end youth homelessness. This blog post from the National Clearinghouse on Families & Youth highlights some of the resources that are useful for advocates and service providers.
Resource: Ending Youth Homelessness
This guidebook series helps Continuum of Care stakeholders and practitioners engage partners in efforts to prevent and end youth homelessness. The series includes three guidebooks, including System Planning, Mainstream System Collaboration, and Promising Program Models.
Report: 2016 Annual Homeless Assessment Report to Congress, Part I
This report (PDF, 98 pages) provides point-in time estimates of both sheltered and unsheltered homelessness on a single night, as well as estimates of the number of people experiencing homelessness within particular populations and demographics. The report shows that 549,928 people experienced homelessness on a single night in 2016, a decline of 14% since 2010.
Report: Point-in-Time Estimates of Homelessness: 2016 Annual Homeless Assessment Report
This annual report (PDF, 96 pages) provides a snapshot of homelessness, both sheltered and unsheltered, on a single night in late January in the U.S., including estimates for particular populations such as youth. The data show 35,686 unaccompanied homeless youth were counted. Eighty nine percent were between the ages of 18 and 24, and 11% were under the age of 18. There were 9,800 parenting young adults between 18 and 24 years of age, and 92 parents under the age of 18.
Resource: Criteria and Benchmarks for Achieving the Goal of Ending Youth Homelessness
This resource provides specific criteria and benchmarks for ending unaccompanied youth homelessness. Communities can use this resource to reduce the number of unaccompanied youth experiencing homelessness and build lasting solutions to respond to future needs.
Resources: Ending Youth Homelessness
These resources provide information and tools on topics related to ending youth homelessness:
- Coordinated Entry for Youth Brief — Provides an overview of the four core elements of coordinated entry for youth: access, assessment, prioritization, and referral.
- Engaging Youth in Decision Making — Provides guidance on how to engage youth in project development and governance.
- Using a Housing First Philosophy When Serving Youth — Provides an overview of housing first philosophy and how it applies to youth-serving projects.
- Rapid Re-Housing for Youth — Provides a suite of tools and products on rapid re-housing for youth, including a Jump Start Tool, set of frequently asked questions, and a checklist.
Comprehensive Services for Opportunity Youth Resource List
This resource provides a list of comprehensive services for opportunity youth.