National Child Abuse Prevention Month
Learn how you can raise awareness about child abuse and neglect and create strong communities to support children and families to help prevent child abuse during Prevention Month in April and throughout the year. Visit the 2011 National Child Abuse Prevention Month website for resources and strategies on engaging communities and supporting families. The site features:
- Strengthening Families and Communities: 2011 Resource Guide, a guide to help service providers strengthen families by promoting key protective factors that prevent abuse.
- Tip sheets to distribute to parents and caregivers to address a particular parenting concern or question. Each tip sheet is available in English and Spanish.
- An activities calendar using the Five Protective Factors. The calendar provides child welfare professionals with activities they can do with families throughout the month that support children and families.
- Prevention Month widgets to post on your website.
- A video explaining how Child Welfare Information Gateway helps connect professionals with information and resources on preventing child abuse and neglect.
For more information on Prevention Month, contact Child Welfare Information Gateway at 1.800.394.3366 or firstname.lastname@example.org.