Filter by Agency
- 21st CCLC Professionals (1)
- Academic Improvement and Teacher Quality Programs (1)
- Administration for Children and Families (189)
- Administration for Community Living (3)
- Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (1)
- Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ) (1)
- AmeriCorps (31)
- Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (1)
- Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (1)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (4)
- Bureau of Indian Education (1)
- Bureau of Justice Assistance (16)
- Bureau of Justice Statistics (3)
- Bureau of Land Management (1)
- Census Bureau (6)
- Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion (4)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (260)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (15)
- Children’s Bureau (7)
- Child Welfare Information Gateway (1)
- Civil Rights Division (DOJ) (1)
- Community Oriented Policing Services (2)
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (27)
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (1)
- Division of Adolescent and School Health (DASH) (7)
- Drug Enforcement Administration (9)
- Employment and Training Administration (29)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (2)
- Family and Youth Services Bureau (125)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (4)
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) (2)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (32)
- Federal Highway Administration (2)
- Federal Interagency Team on Volunteerism (1)
- Federal Student Aid (8)
- Federal Trade Commission (9)
- Food and Drug Administration (6)
- Food and Nutrition Service (9)
- Forest Service (1)
- General Accounting Office (2)
- General Services Administration (10)
- Grants.gov (1)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (15)
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) (2)
- Indian Health Service (1)
- Institute of Education Sciences (58)
- Institute of Museum and Library Services (2)
- Maternal & Child Health Bureau (HRSA) (1)
- Military Community and Family Policy (1)
- National 4-H Headquarters (1)
- National Agricultural Library (2)
- National Center for Education Statistics (66)
- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (16)
- National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments (5)
- National Clearinghouse on Families & Youth (NCFY) (23)
- National Collaborative on Workforce & Disability for Youth (7)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (26)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (6)
- (-) National Institute of Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (2)
- National Institute of Food and Agriculture (14)
- National Institute of Justice (26)
- National Institute of Mental Health (13)
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (1)
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (2)
- National Institutes of Health (50)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (3)
- National Science Foundation (3)
- National Telecommunications and Information Administration (2)
- NDTAC (10)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (1)
- Off ice of Justice Programs (1)
- Office of Adolescent Health (18)
- Office of Civil Rights (11)
- Office of Community-Oriented Policing Services (3)
- Office of Community Planning and Development (1)
- Office of Disability Employment Policy (17)
- Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (1)
- Office of Educational Research and Improvement (1)
- Office of Educational Technology (1)
- Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (11)
- Office of Federal Student Aid (2)
- (-) Office of Financial Education (1)
- Office of Healthy Homes and Lead Hazard Control (4)
- Office of Innovation and Improvement (2)
- Office of Justice Programs (121)
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (176)
- Office of Military Community and Family Policy (1)
- Office of Minority Health (1)
- Office of National Drug Control Policy (5)
- Office of Planning, Evaluation, and Policy Development (1)
- Office of Policy and Research (3)
- Office of Postsecondary Education (4)
- Office of Public Health and Science (4)
- (-) Office of Safe and Healthy Students (16)
- Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (3)
- Office of Special Education Programs (20)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (2)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE) (10)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (1)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs (2)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Reserve Affairs (1)
- Office of the Attorney General (1)
- Office of the Surgeon General (2)
- Office of Tribal Justice (1)
- Office of Victims of Crime (17)
- Office of Violence Against Women (9)
- Office of Vocational and Adult Education (2)
- Office of Women’s Health (2)
- Policy and Program Studies Service (2)
- Public and Indian Housing Division (6)
- Rehabilitation Services Administration (1)
- Reserve Affairs (1)
- Rural Development (3)
- Small Business Administration (1)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) (92)
Share with Youth: Advice to Young Adults from Young Adults: Helpful Hints for Policy Change in the Mental Health System
This resource (PDF, 8 pages) can guide youth- and young adult-led organizations that want to make policy changes in the mental health system. Developed bythe Research and Training Center for Pathways to Positive Futures and Portland State University, it contains recommendations and quotes from a series of interviews with young adult leaders from advocacy groups that focus on mental health challenges or living in foster care.
Share with Youth: Changing the Rules: A Guide for Youth and Young Adults with Mental Health Conditions Who Want to Change Policy
This policy guide, developed by Pathways RTC (Research and Training Center), is written for youth- and young adult-led groups and organizations that want to make changes in policies related to mental health and other human services that affect them and other transition-age youth. The guide is intended for use by youth and young adults working together within a group or organization to make specific change, usually in partnership with other agencies, groups, or organizations.
MyMoney.gov is the U.S. government's website dedicated to teaching all Americans the basics about financial education.
Action Guide for Emergency Management at Institutions of Higher Education
This guide has been developed to give higher education institutions a useful resource in the field of emergency management.
A Guide to School Vulnerability Assessment Key: Principles for Safe Schools
This guide is a companion piece to the Practical Information on Crisis Planning: A Guide for Schools and Communities (above). It emphasizes a valuable part of emergency management planning—ongoing vulnerability assessment—and is intended to assist schools with the selection and implementation of an effective vulnerability assessment tool.
Archived Webinar: Using Data to Identify Programmatic Interventions
The Department of Education’s Office of Safe and Healthy Students’ Safe and Supportive Schools Technical Assistance Center held a webinar on December 14, 2011, “Using Data to Identify Programmatic Interventions.” It covered the need to use school climate data to identify needs, selecting evidence based programs to address these needs, and implementing these programs effectively within a school or district.
Archived Webinar: School Climate Webinar Series: Enhancing Peer-to-Peer Relationships to Strengthen School Climate
The Safe and Supportive Schools Technical Assistance Center, supported by the Department of Education’s Office of Safe and Healthy Students, delves into the importance of fostering healthy student-to-student relationships in the webinar, “Enhancing Peer to Peer Relationships to Strengthen School Climate.” This resource is meant to help administrators, teachers, support staff and student support personnel in creating a nurturing learning environment.
Compendium of School Discipline State Laws and Regulations
Developed by the National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments, which is funded by the Department of Education's Office of Safe and Healthy Students and the Department of Health and Human Services' Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, the Compendium of School Discipline State Laws and Regulations provides information on school discipline laws and regulations for each of the 50 states, Washington, DC, and Puerto Rico. Users can search by state or category and can also download the full Compendium in PDF format.
ED Office of Safe and Healthy Students Emergency Planning Website
The U.S. Department of Education (ED)'s Office of Safe and Healthy Students' (OSHS) Center for School Preparedness provides support, resources, grants, and training to support emergency management efforts for local educational agencies and institutions of higher education.
Emergency Planning for Schools
This website, Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS), provides information that can help school leaders plan for any emergency, including natural disasters, violent incidents and terrorist acts.
Human Trafficking of Children in the United States: A Fact Sheet for Schools
The Office of Safe and Healthy Students developed a fact sheet to inform schools about human trafficking, how it can affect schools, potential signs, how to help, and additional resources.
Human Trafficking in America’s Schools
Human Trafficking in America’s Schools was developed to help school officials understand how human trafficking affects schools, recognize the indicators of possible human trafficking, and develop policies, protocols, and partnerships to address and prevent the exploitation of children. Available online and in PDF (PDF, 18 pages) format, the guide also offers links to resources and publications, trainings, and services for victims.
Practical Information on Crisis Planning: A Guide for Schools and Communities
Taking action now can save lives, prevent injury, and minimize property damage in the moments of a crisis. Practical Information on Crisis Planning: A Guide for Schools and Communities is designed to help navigate the process of reviewing and revising school and district plans. The guide is intended to give schools, districts, and communities the critical concepts and components of good crisis planning, stimulate thinking about the crisis preparedness process, and provide examples of promising practices.
Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools
The Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools (OSDFS) administers, coordinates, and recommends policy for improving quality and excellence of programs and activities related to youth safety and drug prevention.
REMS TA Center Introduces New Tools for School Emergency Planning
The REMS TA Center has created new, interactive tools that can assist schools, school districts, and institutions of higher education (IHEs) in assessing their knowledge of emergency management, and in creating and evaluating emergency operations plans (EOPs):
- EOP ASSESS: This tool guides users through a series of questions to assess understanding of elements critical to creating and maintaining a high-quality EOP
- EOP ASSIST: This tool, offered as a web-accessible software application, directs users through a six-step planning process that will result in the output of an EOP, developed according to the federal guidelines.
- EOP EVALUATE: This tool can help schools and IHEs evaluate an established EOP to determine whether there are areas where it can be adjusted and improved.
A principal vehicle by which OSDFS communicates with the field, and provides information on research-based activities, best practices, and other information related to effective drug abuse and violence prevention strategies.
Resource: Academic Performance, Retention, and Alcohol Use
This article (PDF, 3 pages) discusses the effect of alcohol on academic performance, retention, and college graduation. It also describes evidence-based strategies college and universities can use to address high-risk drinking and shares what some institutions are doing to prevent risky alcohol use and promote healthy decision making.
Resource: SITE ASSESS: A Mobile Application for K-12 Schools and School Districts
This free mobile application, developed by the Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools Technical Assistance Center, allows school and school district personnel to walk around school grounds and examine their safety, security, accessibility, and emergency preparedness.
Resource: Cybersecurity and Cyber Safety for Schools and Institutions of Higher Education Fact Sheets
These fact sheets, developed by the Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools Technical Assistance Center, explain how cyber incidents can affect schools, school districts, and institutions of higher education, and the steps they can take to respond: