Featured Grant OpportunityTeen Pregnancy Prevention (TPP) Program (Funding Opportunities)
Featured Grant OpportunitySchool Emergency Response to Violence (Project SERV) (Funding Opportunity)
Featured Grant OpportunityStreet Outreach Program (Funding Opportunities)
Featured Grant OpportunityChild Victims and Witnesses Support Materials: Outreach and Implementation Project (Funding…
Featured Grant OpportunityCharter School Programs (CSP) (Funding Opportunity)
Featured Grant OpportunityTribal Victim Services Set-Aside Formula Program (Funding Opportunity)
Featured Grant OpportunitySafe Streets and Roads for All (SS4A) (Funding Opportunity)
Featured Grant OpportunityAddressing the Needs of Incarcerated Parents and Their Minor Children (Funding Opportunity)
Featured Grant OpportunityMultistate Mentoring Programs Initiative (Funding Opportunity)
Featured Grant OpportunityNational Communication System (NCS) for Runaway and Homeless Youth Program Notice of Funding…
Featured Grant OpportunityDisability Innovation Fund - Pathways to Partnerships (Funding Opportunity)
Featured Grant OpportunityResearch on Juvenile Justice Topics (Funding Opportunity)
Featured Grant OpportunityChildren and Youth Resilience Challenge (Funding Opportunity)
Featured Grant OpportunityFY 2023 Youth Violence Prevention Program (Funding Opportunity)
The Department of the Interior (DOI) supports and promotes youth involvement in the environment by working across bureaus within DOI to develop policies and programs that support youth engagement, collaborating with other federal departments and initiatives that support youth involvement in the great outdoors, and sharing information and resources through a youth-targeted website, YouthGo.gov.
The collaboration structure includes the following elements:
- Multiple collaborative groups focused on youth
- An office to coordinate youth involvement efforts and policy implementation alignment between offices and bureaus
- A youth-focused website
- Involvement in federal collaborative initiatives focused on engaging youth in the great outdoors
Promising practices include the following:
- Establishing a three-pronged approach to promote youth involvement
- Designating an office to coordinate youth involvement efforts
- Utilizing youth feedback to guide the work
- Creating open communication across the DOI
The DOI has learned the following lessons from their collaborative work:
- It is important to adapt YouthGo.gov over time based on feedback and experience.
- While partners might have different missions and be accustomed to working alone, if common goals are identified it can help to unite the collaborative effort.
View additional resources for more information on the DOI’s efforts.