Equipment and Devices For Human Services Providers
Click on the program title or arrow to see more information.
USDA — Distance Learning and Telemedicine (DLT) Grants
- Summary: DLT Grants fund the cost of purchasing distance learning equipment and related instructional programming. Awards can range from $50,000 to $1,000,000. A minimum 15% match is required and cannot be from another federal source.
- Description: The purpose of this funding stream is to help rural residents tap into the potential of modern telecommunications and the Internet for education and health care. Eligible applicants include most entities that provide education or health care through telecommunications. DLT Grants utilize existing broadband networks and do not fund infrastructure. Grant funds are awarded through a nationally competitive process.
- Application Information: There is currently not a FY2021 application window; however an addition $60 million was allocated for this program in December 2020 under the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) Act of 2021. More details will follow as new information is released.
- Website: https://www.rd.usda.gov/programs-services/distance-learning-telemedicine-grants
FCC — COVID-19 Telehealth Program
- Summary: This program provides immediate support to eligible health care providers by fully funding their telecommunications services, information services, and devices necessary to provide critical connected care services.
- Description: The COVID-19 Telehealth Program helps health care providers provide connected care services to patients at their homes or mobile locations in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The COVID-19 Telehealth Program is limited to non-profit and public eligible health care providers in rural and non-rural areas.
- Application Information: An additional $250 million was allocated for this program in December 2020 under the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) Act of 2021. More details will follow as new information is released.
- Website: https://www.fcc.gov/covid-19-telehealth-program