Alhambra Unified School District Gateway to Success
The outcomes of Gateway to Success have been far-reaching. Some highlights:
- The number of students who are linked to mental health referrals has increased significantly.
- One hundred percent of all teachers in the district receive alcohol, tobacco, and other drug prevention training on risk factors and the referral process.
- Suicide prevention screening is conducted with all ninth graders.
- Psychological first aid and a school safety walkthrough are conducted each year with police and first responders.
- Suspensions and expulsions have decreased significantly.
- More than 2,300 students receive mental health services annually.
- Overall truancy has declined by 42%.
- Tracking systems to monitor school performance have been greatly enhanced.