The YCB consists of 10 board members representing the four Minneapolis Public Jurisdictions listed above. In addition to the 10 board members, the YCB is comprised of ex-officio members, including the Superintendents of Public Schools and Parks and Recreation Boards, Hennepin County Administrator, and Director of the Minneapolis Library. The YCB collaborative model brings together and connects organizations in Minneapolis and across jurisdictions with the goal of implementing and coordinating policies, opportunities, and services that benefit Minneapolis children and youth.
Key Activities of the YCB
- Support Minneapolis Youth Congress
- Manage Minneapolis Afterschool Network
- Develop a city Youth Master Plan
- Provide support for the work of the Youth Coordinating Board
- Provide support for the Minneapolis Children’s Cabinet