Connecting Partners and Resources to Prepare Youth for Careers: A Federal Partners in Transition Webinar
In November 2015, the Federal Partners in Transition (FPT), a workgroup with representatives of several federal agencies, including the Departments of Education, Health and Human Services, and Labor, and the Social Security Administration, hosted their inaugural joint transition webinar. Participant registrations exceeded expectations and the following presenters represented multiple agencies:
- Individualized Learning Plans: Evidence and Resources — V. Scott Solberg, Boston University, National Collaborative on Workforce & Disability for Youth
- Career Development and Employment — Richard Luecking, National Technical Assistance Center on Transition (NTACT) and TransCen, Inc.
- Transition to Employment Systems Change — Karen Flippo and John Butterworth, Institute for Community Inclusion
- Social Security Administration and Youth Transition — Michelle S. Bailey, Social Security Administration
The webinar is available online and offers information and resources on federal, state, and local policies and practices to improve transition outcomes for youth with disabilities. Youth with disabilities and, as appropriate their representative, will find these resources and information useful as they navigate the transition service delivery system.
- Webinar Recording (Registration required to view recording)
- Webinar Transcript
- Webinar Resource List (PPT, 4 pages)
In addition, FPT provided a collection of transition related resources from all four agencies.
- Fact Sheet — What to Know About Work-Based Learning Experiences (PDF, 4 pages)
- Fact Sheet — What to Know About Youth Transition Services (PDF, 4 pages)
- Information Packet — OSERS 2015 Transition Data Fact Sheet (PDF, 10 pages)
- Information Packet — Transition Quickguide: Take Charge Of Planning And Managing Your Own Health And Career Goals (PDF, 6 pages)